Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Born to be wild...

I must, I must post this video..

This is the one we made on that "famous" trip from Kalkaji in New Delhi to Khardung La in Leh via Manali and Chamkari-pul during July-August 2007 on 5 rented motorcycles from a friendly scamster who participates in the raid-de-himalaya every year. We thank him everyday for this very interesting and adventure filled motorcycle ride - without his rotten bikes we would've never had fun, nor the time to make our crazy videos , nor would we have learned how to fix broken motorcycles at dizzing altitudes!
I tend to feel all fuzzy and warm every time I watch it, and with me that can be several times in a loop, bordering on OCD :) Oh yeah, in case you didn't know, Khardung La - 18380 feet above MSL, is supposed to be the world's highest motorable road.

It is called Leh ने ले ली... i.e. Leh whopped our butt :) Because it really did!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment: